Many people wanted to run WhatsApp on there pc for which we wrote an article How to run android apps on windows. But we did mentioned there was a con using that way and it was using a lot of ram of your pc and making your pc slower while running the apps and most of the people used that way to only use WhatsApp including me. But now you will not have to worry about the load of using whatsapp on your pc using that 3rd party software because WhatsApp officially have launched a website which is actually a subdomain on whatsapp site.
What this site does is that it opens a mirror of your WhatsApp account on your pc. What i mean is that you will have to keep your whatsapp active on your cellphone same time you want to use this service on your pc (Internet and whatsapp active on both devices). This can be taken as a con because those who wanted to know How to run android apps on windows wanted to put there cellphones aside. The other con here is that at the moment you can only use this service through Google Chrome browser (Whatsapp did promised to support other browsers soon). Setting up this on your pc is really simple.
- First you need to go to https://web.whatsapp.com
- Update the WhatsApp app to the latest version in your phone.
- Choose WhatsApp Web from the menu.
- You will see a QR code — scan the code inside of WhatsApp, and you’re ready to go. You have now paired WhatsApp on your phone with the WhatsApp web client.
- Your phone needs to stay connected to the internet for your web client to work.
WhatsApp has finally introduced a way to access the service on a PC. However, there are several limitations attached to it as the interface is limited to a web browser. Here are five limitations of WhatsApp for web…
- It doesn’t support iPhone
- Needs your phone to be on and connected to the internet
- Doesn’t support browsers other than Google Chrome
- You can’t block users
- You can’t create and leave groups
- This service is currently available to Android, Windows and Blackberry users.