Cell phone (Mobile) Market is full of replicas and with time they have improved a lot and now it is really hard to compare original with replica. Some replicas look accurately like the original one in Hardware and now even in Software and are sold as original ones in the market. If they were sold as a replica at a cheap price we would not have been writing this article at all. So save users from getting cheated we have decided to tell How to find out if your cell phone is original or replica.
1. Check Your Hardware before you buy
When you are in the market some dealers will encourage you too buy without a check and open the seals when you are at home so never do that and get it opened on the shop and have a good look at it. The things you should check on the Cell phone is the name of the brand for example cheap replicas have names like Nokla, Soni, Sonniericsson, Samsang. The quality of replicas are cheap you will feel the difference when you use one. Also open the back covers and check for the original Stickers branded phones have warranty stickers attached underneath the batter with the original brand stickers or prints. Unfortunately some replica companies have overcome this signs too so lets try the step two.
2. Check Your Software.
Most of the replicas have custom Operating system so before you go to buy or have an idea what cell phone you are going to buy check its specifications from there original websites. If the operating system is different or the custom one then that is a fake cell phone never buy it.
3. Buy from Original seller.
There are sellers who sell about every brand so avoid them only go to the official seller who have a franchise of a single brand with the certificates and are not selling branded cell phones only seal packed ones with 12 Months Warranty from the company which brand originally has affiliated with because these days even replicas have warranty but from different companies and in this matter again you will have to check out the brands original website (Country wise).
4.The best method is examining or checking Phones quality through 15 digit IMEI code:
IMEI stands for ( International Mobile Equipment Identity). This is a 15-digit number and might be found in the packet of the mobile phone as well. It might be found by eliminating the back cover and it might be located on the battery.
The IMEI number may be as below:
3 6 9 3 9 5 0 1 2 3 5 5 6 7 8
Now view the 7th and 8th digit. These two digits will make sure your phone’s quality!
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 00 this shows your cell phone is made in Original Factory which makes sure the best quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 01 or 10 this shows your cell phone is made in Finland which is best quality.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 13 this shows your cell phone is gathered in Azerbaijan which is too bad. And it is also unsafe and dangerous for health!
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 02 or 20 this shows your cell phone is gathered in Emirates which is very cheap quality. If the seventh and eighth digits are either 03/30 04/40, this shows your phone is manufactured in China but its good quality. But is bad either as 00, 01 or 10.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 05 or 50 this shows your cell phone is made either in Brazil or USA or Finland.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 06 or 60 this shows your cell phone is made either in Hong Kong, or China or Mexico.
- If the seventh and eighth digits are 08 or 80 this shows your cell phone is made in Germany which is good and fair quality.
- This will help and facilitate you to select the good one but these tips might not work with the Sony Erickson Mobile Phone.
So we have shared all we know so always buy 100% original cell phones.